Debate Skills for Professionalsworkshop is an interactive learner-centered training that aims to equip participants with a range of tools and resources, taken from the multifaceted teachings of debate. These skill sets can be applied in and outside your workplace for greater impact and success.
By the end of the series, participants should be able to make better presentations, use persuasion techniques, improve their critical thinking, and benefit from the opportunity to network with other professionals.
Who can attend this training?
· Professionals from diverse backgrounds, who wish to learn / hone skills.
· No previous debate experience is required.
· This training is not for students (QatarDebate has other student oriented programs)
· Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
· Registration Deadline: Monday, 19th February 2018.
Why should you attend this training? You will learn how to:
· Overcome the fear of public speaking and gain tips on how to make an effective speech.
· Make convincing arguments and identify fallacies in argumentation.
· Increase awareness of techniques used in conversations and negotiations.
· Use debate skills in an interactive and peer to peer learning environment.
To register please sign-up here, as we would love to see you there!
Mastering your presentation skills.
Session 1 – Monday, February 26th – Making Effective Presentations.
Session 2 – Wednesday, February 28th – Techniques of Persuasion.
Sharpening your critical thinking skills.
Session 3 – Monday, March 5th – Introduction to Logic & Critical Thinking.
Session 4 – Wednesday, March 7th – Understanding Argumentation & Refutation.